Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cooking up Adventures



No, this wasn't posed. They are just that cute.
          Well, it's official, I cooked a French meal in France! I made it from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and I must say I feel like a boss. We had Cuit a la Vapeur Brocoli et Sauce Hollandaise (Broccoli and Hollandaise Sauce), Poulet Saute aux Herbs de Provence (Chicken Sauteed with Herbs and Garlic, Egg Yolk and Butter Sauce), Tomates a la Provencale (Tomatoes Stuffed with Bread Crumbs, Herbs, and Garlic) and Bread Pudding. Now, listen, I was going to make Creme Brulee, but we had stale bread that needed to be used up, so I made Bread Pudding. It was a long day of cooking and afterwards we watched Julie and Julia which seemed appropriate. 

          


Shannon, Sydney and I have gone on many adventures hiking the mountains near our apartment. The hikes are pretty killer on your quads, uphill yo. It was amazing and beautiful! Today, we went biking on the bike trail along the river, which was also very beautiful. Let's just be honest most things here are beautiful. 

        

The white and brown apartment complex is our apartment!
Good photo shot idea from Shannon. It was through a fence.
Albertville
Look at this cute! I love her so much!
          There is this church you can see from my window and ever since we arrived I wanted to hike up there. On Sunday, Dad and I hike/biked up there. It took us an hour to hike up, pushing our bikes, the 45% uphill grassy trail. When we got up there, it was worth it, we could see all of Albertville and we got to explore the church a little! Unfortuantly, we forgot to bring food or water, but that seems to be a regular thing on our adventures. On the way back home, we sped down the windy road! It was super awesome!

The Church
The view from the church







2 comments:

  1. How do you be so cool? I hope I'm like you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog. Perfect menu for watching Julia and Julia. Much too much work for an old cook to learn.

    ReplyDelete