Sunday, April 21, 2013

An Adventure to Karen's

A picture to prove I was there!
     Hey Guys and Gals! Last weekend, I went to Liberty, MO. I was visiting Karen. Saturday, we went to an open-air market and got breakfast which consisted of Quiche, a chocolate croissant, Chai, and strawberries! It was so good.
                We got to look around and see all the different vendors. Then we went to Mud Pie which is coffee shop in a house! We spent the rest of our morning there and studied. Then we got lost trying to find Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue and after finding it there was a long line where we waited for an hour. But it was totally worth it because this isn't just meat thrown on a grill with some BBQ sauce, it's real barbecue where they smoke the meat and it a big deal. Anyway it took Karen and I a total of 15 minutes to eat it after we spent 105 minutes trying to get it. We had lots of fun hanging out her friends, eating ice cream, watching movies, and avoiding deadlines!
The Market
Since then I have been doing school, enjoying warm weather, and finding out that I'm most likely lactose intolerant. So I am on a no diary diet for a month. So starting today April 21, 2013 I will be diary free til May 21, 2013. Today for breakfast instead of eating a delicious bowl of cereal, I ate oatmeal. Man, this is going to be tough.
   
Our breakfast!




Getting ready to leave with my 25 lb backpack!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Sounds like you ate your way through the weekend--nice! :) Too bad on the lactose-intolerant deal. I seem to be, too, but if I stick with lactose milk everything works out okay. I hope that's true of you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, did you eat your oatmeal without MILK?

    Like the photos and your account. You look like Diana in the photo of you getting ready to leave with your 25 lb. backpack. I've not noticed that resemblance so much before...pretty.

    Thanks for writing. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I ate my oatmeal without milk. I have had such a need to drink milk but I can't. :(

    ReplyDelete