Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Vacation Day 1

     Hey Ya'll, I'm on vacation! I have mixed feeling about this vacation. On one hand, I am uber excited to visit my family, and to be in the wonderfully cool weather of the west coast. On the other hand, I love hanging out with my friends at home. I also will be missing one of my best friends birthday, which quite possibly could be the last birthday She has while I am still here in the States. Anyway, we left last night at 6:30 and got here at my Uncle Steve's and Aunt Kelly last night at around 10:00.

     Since, my dad is in Congo, it just Mom, Papa, and I. So in order to get to the airport my mom dropped off Papa and I off and took the bus to the airport. My job: to get Papa a wheel chair, and get through security. Just to clarify, I also have to carry our luggage which consists of 4 bags: a roller, a backpack that weighs about 25 lbs, a purse, and a C-PAP machine. So, this airport worker comes over and gives us our wheelchair and walks away. So here I am with four bags, and I have to push Papa's wheelchair. I help Papa sit down into the wheelchair and struggle to push him toward the elevator. Suddenly, the airport worker comes back and says "Where are we headed?" I was so relieved. We headed to security and unloaded all of our stuff, or so I thought.

       Apparently, Papa is a very dangerous man, because he is so sneaky. After walking through the metal detector, they had to pat down Papa. First, they found his baseball cap, which was neatly tucked under his shirt. Second, they found his handkerchief in back pocket. Then, they decided since He looked so dangerous, they were going to take some chemical swabs, from not only his hand but also his shoes, and his baseball cap. Anyway, they decided he wasn't going to harm anyone and let us go on to the gate.
 
   Here some pictures through our window through out the flight:




     This morning I woke up at 8:30, which ya'll maybe thinking , wow that's early, remember there's a time change. I had breakfast and coffee, which was amazing. Then, I did school, which I didn't realize I had to do on this vacation til yesterday. Then, We went out to lunch with my Uncle Steve, downtown. I have never had such a good salad, it was delicious. My afternoon was pretty lazy, I finished up school and watch The Dick Van Dike Show with Papa. This evening, I went to youth group with my cousin, Elizabeth. It was a lot like my small group, back in STL. It was really laid-back and fun, I am really glad I went. Before this evening, I had decided that I didn't want to go. It's always awkward, you know, when you only know one person, well not always! Tonight, it was fun and relaxed and I felt very welcome. 



     And right now, I am hanging out with Elizabeth, playing "Would You Rather?", laughing so hard, I was crying Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the pictures, I have taken so far.
















 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing this. I was wondering what you were doing in Seattle. Sounds like fun. Be thinking what you want to do here...but they predict showers Mon. and Tues. We could put a puzzle together, which is something Dave likes. I have some movies. Of course we can go look at the ocean.

    ReplyDelete