Monday, September 16, 2013

Vacation Days 5 & 6: Churches, Travel, and a Partay

Time for Food!
      Yesterday, I went to two churches, Uncle John's and Diana's. It was fun to see the differences between the churches. I finally got to meet Diana's friends and got to see her world. Hooray Diana! (Red Stripe Commercial Voice)

    This morning, Papa, Mom and I drove down to Newport to visit Grandma Becker, Dave, Aunt Rebecah, and Uncle Dale. This afternoon, I went over to Aunt Rebecah to help get ready for the open house for Papa.
Two seriously funny guys

      This evening, we had Papa's open house. We had veggies, cookies, cake, chips, dip, and fruit. It was tasty! It was an evening full of laughter and happiness. There were at least 15 people there, sharing stories and having a good time.

Listening to story-telling Pastor Dave.
     While we are here in Newport, Mom and I are staying at Grandma Becker and Dave's house. Papa is staying at Aunt Rebecah and Uncle Dale. As I said goodbye to Papa, I felt a twinge of sorrow. Especially on this trip, I tuck Papa in and help him get ready for bed, so I was sad knowing that I wouldn't be the one to tuck him in. I know it silly since I'll see him in the morning but it still different from the normal.

Talking around the table
Aunt Rebecah and I trying to take a nice picture but Mom snuck in!



No comments:

Post a Comment